All content, opinions and comments are the copyright of Ken Dyne for him to store, distribute and laugh at!

Saturday, 1 May 2010

May's Newsletter from Ken Dyne

KEN DYNE's INNER CIRCLE NEWSLETTER
- May 2010 -

--INTRODUCTION--
Can you believe it's May already? So what is happening this month, apart from it being my Mum's birthday...bless her.

Well Derren is on TV this month with a new show Derren Brown Investigates on May 10th, where the mentalism super-star will be looking at ghost hunts.

Also this month I'm back on the wagon, business is re-focused. The last few months (since November) have been a lot of planning and working on massive projects with many different project partners. Finally those plans are starting to pay off. Some of these projects may be interest to readers of this newsletter, so you'll be among the first to hear about those things.

This month I have some information about two very strong publications on our art, but first I have a handy-dandy tip for working mentalists.

--BUSINESS--
This month I thought we'd talk about diversity. How is it your business is, or could be diversifying and changing with the market place?

As performing mentalists we can often be seen as a commodity, something that is dispensable and in the kind of economy in which we're in right now, we could be the first thing they cut.

I'm being asked more and more often how it is I've managed to remain as busy as I am. I think there are two reasons. One of them is that upon the advise of a leading business mind, I took myself out of the commoditised market of 'an entertainer' in to something else, something that clients really love engaging with and, more importantly, rely on.

If you're having a hard time of it right now, I highly recommend sending a day planning how it is you can use your unique skills in a way that will HELP other people. AND if you can, hire a coach or mentor. Find someone who is doing what you want, achieving what you desire and become their student.

--RECOMMENDS--
I'm going to do something I've never done before in this space. That is to highlight two of my own projects.

The reason being that I whole-heartedly believe these two to be among the most workable routines to be released of recent. Why do I think that? Because I perform both of these in my current act.

Primal Prediction: 3 Envelopes, one randomly chosen volunteer. They have a free choice of any envelope. You hand it to them. The other two are opened to say 'DO NOT Choose' the volunteer opens her envelope, she removes the paper inside and she reads it out. You not only predicted that she WOULD choose that envelope but EXACTLY what she'd be wearing!

Important stuff: NO gimicked envelopes, there is a free choice of any envelope, the volunteer opens her own envelope, you NEVER need touch her envelope, the routine does NOT rely on clever verbiage, no dual reality, stooging or instant stooging at all.
The contents of the envelopes are ALL written in large writing...NO nail writing. Nothing is loaded in to her envelope AND she can keep both envelope and the paper she removes from it. There is nothing to find.

More information or to buy this routine click here: Primal Prediction

Gregorian Mind: Written by myself and Scottish mentalist, Colin McLeod this book of mentalism with diaries contains 4 solid mind-blowing performance pieces. Imagine the diary trick with no playing cards!!

We have contributions from Banachek and Partick Redford inside too! This is a physical book, however is currently SOLD OUT. If you're interested in finding out more about it and adding yourself to to waiting list to get your hands on this go to: Gregorian Mind
.

--TO CLOSE--
Wasn't that fun then? It really is good to be back on track with things. Thanks for sticking with me :D

Until next time, do take care!
Kennedy

"Do you have suggestions, an idea you want to share on the
newsletter. Email me kennedy@mindofkennedy.co.uk!"

No comments: