All content, opinions and comments are the copyright of Ken Dyne for him to store, distribute and laugh at!

Tuesday, 16 March 2010

KEN DYNE's INNER CIRCLE NEWSLETTER
- Mid-March 2010 -

--INTRODUCTION--
Wow, turns out this newsletter is fantastically irregular. Since 2010 came in I've been completely re-arranging the way I run my business and really focusing on making it all work smoothly with a particular bent on 'without so much damned stress'.

It's no secret that 2009 saw me through massive highs of stress, and then losing my friend Eric Paul to his lung cancer side-stepped me in to re-thinking what it's all about.

Isn't it incredible that it takes massive events like this, in order to put our lives in to pespective and get us to focus on what we really want. I decided that in 2010 I want to stop doing everything I don't enjoy and spend less time actually working, more time staying in nice places and less time just traveling between them.

In a conversation with magician-friend of mine, DJ Elhert we agreed that although we've traveled the world - we've seen none of it. It's time for that to stop.

In April I'm heading back to Philadelphia where I'm conducting a one-day closed door marketing, personal success mastermind - which is sold out so this is NOT a pitch. Then, instead of flying straight home I'm staying for a week. To see the sights, hang out with some fantastic people including Jim Palmer, Mike Capuzzi and Anton Zellman..

Just last weekend I spent some time with great mind Joshua Quinn which to say it was enjoyable is an understatement. If you get chance to see him lecture then I'd say you'll pick up some great tips by investing your time this way. His book Para-Lies is worth picking up to.

--BUSINESS--
I'm taking a risk in today's edition by spilling something that is not only controversial but may make you change your mind about how much you like me and respect me.

As I sat down at my desk on January 15th this year, staring at the large dry erase board mounted on the wall of my little home-office here I was musing over how I might cut out all the stuff I hate doing so that I can concentrate on things I enjoy.

Short and the long of it, I'm now outsourcing a heck of a lot of business activity and relying on more automation to take care of improving customer service experience, and general productivity. So I took the plunge and hired an assistant. Not a glam-girl to wear feathers beside me on stage but a work-from-home assistant who enjoys making calls and dealing with clients enquiries and concerns.

At first I was thinking 'who the hell are you to have an assistant Kennedy?' and now, a little over 2 months in and I can already see the massive impact it has made having Amanda working just 20 hours each week for me.

You can hire such people for really good rates on places like Guru.com, I happened to know Amanda before she started working for me and we meet up once a fortnight for update and brainstorming, strategy sessions. One thing I have NOT got is a title for her that I'm comfortable with. I don;t like saying 'I have a P.A.' - it sounds far too pretentious. Any suggestions will be welcome.

Lesson of the issue: outsource.

--RECOMMENDS--
The last issue caused much of a stir as I delved in tot he 13 Steps DVDs. This month I've read the new installment from Mr Mitox, Phill Smith.

Mokele - Phill Smith seems, in my talks with fellow performers, to be rather the Marmite of mentalism right now. Some people LOVE Mr Smith's work and others just don't get it.

My honest opinion? I like it. I want to spread it on toast and devour it. For me, whilst the presentations are nice, it is not the effects that I extract from these books. Instead I really enjoy hearing Phill Smith's theories, thoughts and anecdotes on performing.

If you enjoyed his first two releases Mokele is for you. If you didn't then this little tomb might hold some surprises for you.




--
IDEA OF THE MONTH--
I hope that you received a copy of my 2-page pdf called Scratch and Sniff around a week ago. I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. If you didn't recieve it email me and I'll pop it over to you. There's no charge.

--TO CLOSE--
So there we have a mid-month edition and I hope that some of what you read here was thought provoking, interesting or at least a welcome distraction.

Until next time, do take care!
Kennedy

"Do you have suggestions, an idea you want to share on the
newsletter. Email me kennedy@mindofkennedy.co.uk!"

No comments: