All content, opinions and comments are the copyright of Ken Dyne for him to store, distribute and laugh at!
Tuesday, 1 July 2008
Your Inner Circle Newsletter - July 2008
--INTRODUCTION--
Should I start off with a moan? No that would be too negative a way
to say 'hello' to July. June was very busy with a complete re-brand
for the Kennedy brand, lots of time, money and blood spent but all
worth it to bring me in line with where I want to be going. In this
month's newsletter I am going to be looking at aligning yourself
with your customers in the BUSINESS section, in the RECOMMENDS
section I am looking at a very exciting release from a friend of
mine who i consider to be a genius. And of course there is a new
routine idea for you too.
Before we jump in to the newsletter I want just say thank you to
all those people who have emailed to share their kind words about
the newsletter. If you have anything you'd like to say, I would
love to hear from even more of you.
--TALKING POINT--
On Friday I was headlining at a charity event for Macmillan Cancer
Support. I was billed to perform at 10pm, by which time the room
was full of drunks. Which is not a problem. After being introduced
on stage I quickly realised that I would have to get on op of them
from the get-go and then we could get on with the show. Which would
have been fine, it would have been great to use the put downs and
sharp gags that reside in the back of my mind if only they could
hear me.
The in-house PA sound system was terribly poor and could not be
heard over the people in the room, so when I came on to take
control of the situation it was a challenge to say the least.
This taught me a very important lesson. Three days before I
personally called the venue to check the state of play in terms of
audio system requirements and they assured me that the in-house
system was more than adequate for for the room that we were using.
Of course it turned out that it was not the case at all.
So from now on I will make my questioning a lot more specific and I
have ordered my own high quality radio microphone. After all, our
voices are the tools of our trade, so to be unheard is not
something I want to suffer ever again.
--BUSINESS--
'The world economy is getting worse and worse' that is all we ever
hear and the truth is, its only getting worse because we think it
is and we're now afraid to buy anything. Companies still have the
budgets to hire us, they are still extremely interested in our
services it is just about aligning ourselves and filling their needs.
It goes back to a basic marketing principle that I learned about
when I was 14 years old in high-school business class. Research.
How well do you really know your customer? You see the more you
know about them the more pulling power you have when it comes to
selling to them. I spend a lot of time researching everything I can
about the kinds of people who hire me for their events.
What 'kinds' of information am I looking for? Everything. What they
like, dislike, their hobbies, the movies they enjoy, their pass
times, where they eat, drink socialise...anything and everything.
WHY? Because once you know this information you can make decisions
of where to position yourself. For example you might find that most
of your clients eat at Pizza Hut with their family on a Friday
evening between 8 and 9pm. They read the Express, watch Britain's
Got Talant and Wildlife Documentaries. Now you turn that potential
power (knowledge) in to leverage.
If you know that most - not necessarily all, we are dealing with
general consensus here - are reading that news paper and are
watching Wild Life programmes we can make certain assumptions about
them and use that in terms of where we advertise AND what we
actually say in our adverts. E.g. if they are interested in
wildlife, an attention getting headline for an advert might be 'Mind
Reading Rooster'.
So the more you know about your prospects the better you will
perform in selling to them
--RECOMMENDS--
This month one of my closest friends in the world, in mentalism and
in actual life too is a Scotsman buy the name of Colin McLeod. He
is a massive fan of the chair test and he showed me what he's been
working on for the past few months between shows and lectures. This
e-book is called Deceit and contains one hell of an insight in to
the chair test and Colin's approaches to it. He too uses a chair
test as his closer and here he details not only the test itself but
also his thoughts on presenting chair tests and his development
process too. I really recommend this. Check out more info at
http://tinyurl.com/6nbqm4
The second thing I'd like to draw your attention to is the fact
that a few weeks ago now I attended the first ever Ian Rowland Cold
Reading Masterclass. Ian has one of the best selling books on the
subject of Cold Reading and finally the master has agreed to run a
masterclass on the subject that many of us find so difficult.
I can tell you now that this intensive workshop takes cold reading
in a totally new direction and shows incredible applications far
beyond just mentalism and magic. Find out more about it at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W67CXmVR52c
--IDEA OF THE MONTH--
This month we shall go back to newsletters of old by not giving you
a complete idea, but rather a starting point that will get your
mind whirring and fizzing, hopefully someone will take ti in to a
new direction and let me know of the incredible creation they have
made.
Your starting point is using your answerphone greeting message as a
prediction. So instead of 'Hi this is Kennedy's phone, please leave
your message' having something on there that is in itself a
prediction. See where that takes you and let me know what you come
up with.
--TO CLOSE--
July is a month of extreme excitement, I will be turning 24 on
Thursday - so yes I will be taking the whole day off and spending
it with Tess. Although I have no idea what she has planned for me
yet.
Until next time, do take care!
Kennedy
"Do you have suggestions, an idea you want to share on the
newsletter. Email me right back!"
Should I start off with a moan? No that would be too negative a way
to say 'hello' to July. June was very busy with a complete re-brand
for the Kennedy brand, lots of time, money and blood spent but all
worth it to bring me in line with where I want to be going. In this
month's newsletter I am going to be looking at aligning yourself
with your customers in the BUSINESS section, in the RECOMMENDS
section I am looking at a very exciting release from a friend of
mine who i consider to be a genius. And of course there is a new
routine idea for you too.
Before we jump in to the newsletter I want just say thank you to
all those people who have emailed to share their kind words about
the newsletter. If you have anything you'd like to say, I would
love to hear from even more of you.
--TALKING POINT--
On Friday I was headlining at a charity event for Macmillan Cancer
Support. I was billed to perform at 10pm, by which time the room
was full of drunks. Which is not a problem. After being introduced
on stage I quickly realised that I would have to get on op of them
from the get-go and then we could get on with the show. Which would
have been fine, it would have been great to use the put downs and
sharp gags that reside in the back of my mind if only they could
hear me.
The in-house PA sound system was terribly poor and could not be
heard over the people in the room, so when I came on to take
control of the situation it was a challenge to say the least.
This taught me a very important lesson. Three days before I
personally called the venue to check the state of play in terms of
audio system requirements and they assured me that the in-house
system was more than adequate for for the room that we were using.
Of course it turned out that it was not the case at all.
So from now on I will make my questioning a lot more specific and I
have ordered my own high quality radio microphone. After all, our
voices are the tools of our trade, so to be unheard is not
something I want to suffer ever again.
--BUSINESS--
'The world economy is getting worse and worse' that is all we ever
hear and the truth is, its only getting worse because we think it
is and we're now afraid to buy anything. Companies still have the
budgets to hire us, they are still extremely interested in our
services it is just about aligning ourselves and filling their needs.
It goes back to a basic marketing principle that I learned about
when I was 14 years old in high-school business class. Research.
How well do you really know your customer? You see the more you
know about them the more pulling power you have when it comes to
selling to them. I spend a lot of time researching everything I can
about the kinds of people who hire me for their events.
What 'kinds' of information am I looking for? Everything. What they
like, dislike, their hobbies, the movies they enjoy, their pass
times, where they eat, drink socialise...anything and everything.
WHY? Because once you know this information you can make decisions
of where to position yourself. For example you might find that most
of your clients eat at Pizza Hut with their family on a Friday
evening between 8 and 9pm. They read the Express, watch Britain's
Got Talant and Wildlife Documentaries. Now you turn that potential
power (knowledge) in to leverage.
If you know that most - not necessarily all, we are dealing with
general consensus here - are reading that news paper and are
watching Wild Life programmes we can make certain assumptions about
them and use that in terms of where we advertise AND what we
actually say in our adverts. E.g. if they are interested in
wildlife, an attention getting headline for an advert might be 'Mind
Reading Rooster'.
So the more you know about your prospects the better you will
perform in selling to them
--RECOMMENDS--
This month one of my closest friends in the world, in mentalism and
in actual life too is a Scotsman buy the name of Colin McLeod. He
is a massive fan of the chair test and he showed me what he's been
working on for the past few months between shows and lectures. This
e-book is called Deceit and contains one hell of an insight in to
the chair test and Colin's approaches to it. He too uses a chair
test as his closer and here he details not only the test itself but
also his thoughts on presenting chair tests and his development
process too. I really recommend this. Check out more info at
http://tinyurl.com/6nbqm4
The second thing I'd like to draw your attention to is the fact
that a few weeks ago now I attended the first ever Ian Rowland Cold
Reading Masterclass. Ian has one of the best selling books on the
subject of Cold Reading and finally the master has agreed to run a
masterclass on the subject that many of us find so difficult.
I can tell you now that this intensive workshop takes cold reading
in a totally new direction and shows incredible applications far
beyond just mentalism and magic. Find out more about it at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W67CXmVR52c
--IDEA OF THE MONTH--
This month we shall go back to newsletters of old by not giving you
a complete idea, but rather a starting point that will get your
mind whirring and fizzing, hopefully someone will take ti in to a
new direction and let me know of the incredible creation they have
made.
Your starting point is using your answerphone greeting message as a
prediction. So instead of 'Hi this is Kennedy's phone, please leave
your message' having something on there that is in itself a
prediction. See where that takes you and let me know what you come
up with.
--TO CLOSE--
July is a month of extreme excitement, I will be turning 24 on
Thursday - so yes I will be taking the whole day off and spending
it with Tess. Although I have no idea what she has planned for me
yet.
Until next time, do take care!
Kennedy
"Do you have suggestions, an idea you want to share on the
newsletter. Email me right back!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment