All content, opinions and comments are the copyright of Ken Dyne for him to store, distribute and laugh at!
Monday, 2 June 2008
Your Inner Circle Newsletter - June 2008
--INTRODUCTION--
First of all I apologise for the late delivery of your Members Only
Newsletter. I have been a bit of a stress head with a lot on my
plate this month so am just getting myself sorted now.
In this issue I will be talking about how you can succeed, how to
improve the effectiveness of your web site, sales letters and press
releases and I will be sharing a routine that allows a volunteer to
tell if the face down card is red or if it's black.
--TALKING POINT--
I went to see a show in the west-end of London called Avenue Q a
few months back. As well as being a fantastically funny show it
brought up something that I had not thought about and that was my
purpose. What is it I want to be doing? What is my purpose?
I spent a sleepless night in the hotel thinking this through and I
realised that a part of purpose is passion, so just think about it.
What are you passionate about? Because as soon as you know your
passion, what it is that drives you then yo can start focusing
every action, every moment in to working toward that thing.
For example, some people's passion is money. I think its a
dangerous passion but for some people I know they will do anything
to make a couple of extra pounds. Personally I am not financially
driven, I do enough shows and make enough money to pay my bills and
live very happily with my other half.
But I think by focusing on passion we could all feel so much better
about what we do. How many times have you been doing something,
anything at all and wondered to yourself 'why the hell am I doing
this?'. I know I have.
I'll talk personally now. My passion is the reaction, getting
someone to react internally or externally to something. I loved it
when I gave Tess the tickets to see Lee Evans this morning, her
reaction was a moment of sheer joy and I loved it.
That is what drives me in my performances and all of my work. I
want to give people those moments. I want to see their faces and
feel their joy when they achieve, discover or experience something.
So my passion is a positive reaction, creating moments that change
people's lives.
Perhaps yours is the same, maybe you do enjoy that but there is
something else. My friend Andy's passion is technology. He gets a
real buzz from owning or playing with new technology. Adam's
passion is travelling to amazing places.
We all have passions and I believe that the moment you discover
yours and focus your energies in to it, that is when you really
start to succeed for yourself.
--BUSINESS--
I want to talk about headlines. We all wrote them all the time and
they come in many different guises. A headline might be the bold
title of a press release you send out to publicise your services,
it could be the headline of your sales letter, your web site the
list goes on and on.
First of all, if you aren't already using them - you need to start.
If you're sending out a sales letter to a potential client and it
just starts with Dear Sir... and then goes right in to the letter
you are losing a lot of impact.
The headline is your first opportunity to force someone to read
your sales letter, web site, press release or whatever. If you
aren't writing a headline then can you imagine just how many of
your letters are being thrown straight in the bin.
The reason this is happening is because the person who is supposed
to read it can't be bothered, doesn't have the time to read the
entire thing unless it is of immediate use.
The way you prove to them that it is worthy of their time reading
the entire thing is by telling them in the headline.
Next month I want to show you more about how to write the best
headlines possible to get more people to read what you have to say,
instead of throwing it in the trash.
--RECOMMENDS--
There has not been a great deal of time for me to read anything
this month. One thing I managed to get my paws on was Jerome
Finley's limited release 'Thought Dial'. This is an incredible
real-world piece that allows you to answer three questions that are
merely thought-of by your volunteer.
Also included int he manuscript is an incredible approach to making
absolutely certain that your sitter gets exactly what she wants
from the reading you give.
It's one of the best books I have read in a long while and I
already used it in a bar in Belfast to get some free drinks.
While talking about releases and stuff, I still have a few
massively discounted items in my damaged goods sale. I'll be
posting these out by the end of this week so please go right now
and see if you can save some money. The link you'll need is
http://tinyurl.com/4tg3y3
--IDEA OF THE MONTH--
Take a deck of cards. Split them in to 2 piles. Red and Black.
Stack the deck so that it alternates red-black-red-black all the
way through.
Now in performance you talk about par-optic vision and how its
possible, if you just trust yourself to sense colours with the
finger tips.
Spread the deck face down. Have the volunteer touch the back of any
card. Ask her to touch the face of the card without looking and
decide whether she thinks its red or black. Just trusting her
intuition. She says and your turn it over to show she is correct.
I've been performing this very simple routine since November last
year. I don't remember what inspired the routine but it's very
simple.
When she touches the card you cut the cards at that point and look
at the card above. That card will be the opposite colour to the
card she has touched. So for example that card we just looked at is
black, we know the card she touched is a red one.
Ask her which colour she thinks it is. If she says red, that's fine
have her turn it over. That will happen 50% of the time. If that is
not the case the most you have to do it either double lift to show
she is correct - or as I prefer to perform a top change.
--TO CLOSE--
Well that is all, again apologies for the delay. Please do check
out to see if anything is left in my mini sale, save yourself some
money at http://tinyurl.com/4tg3y3 and I look forward to receiving
your routine ideas.
Until next time, do take care!
Kennedy
"Do you have suggestions, an idea you want to share on the
newsletter. Email me right back!"
First of all I apologise for the late delivery of your Members Only
Newsletter. I have been a bit of a stress head with a lot on my
plate this month so am just getting myself sorted now.
In this issue I will be talking about how you can succeed, how to
improve the effectiveness of your web site, sales letters and press
releases and I will be sharing a routine that allows a volunteer to
tell if the face down card is red or if it's black.
--TALKING POINT--
I went to see a show in the west-end of London called Avenue Q a
few months back. As well as being a fantastically funny show it
brought up something that I had not thought about and that was my
purpose. What is it I want to be doing? What is my purpose?
I spent a sleepless night in the hotel thinking this through and I
realised that a part of purpose is passion, so just think about it.
What are you passionate about? Because as soon as you know your
passion, what it is that drives you then yo can start focusing
every action, every moment in to working toward that thing.
For example, some people's passion is money. I think its a
dangerous passion but for some people I know they will do anything
to make a couple of extra pounds. Personally I am not financially
driven, I do enough shows and make enough money to pay my bills and
live very happily with my other half.
But I think by focusing on passion we could all feel so much better
about what we do. How many times have you been doing something,
anything at all and wondered to yourself 'why the hell am I doing
this?'. I know I have.
I'll talk personally now. My passion is the reaction, getting
someone to react internally or externally to something. I loved it
when I gave Tess the tickets to see Lee Evans this morning, her
reaction was a moment of sheer joy and I loved it.
That is what drives me in my performances and all of my work. I
want to give people those moments. I want to see their faces and
feel their joy when they achieve, discover or experience something.
So my passion is a positive reaction, creating moments that change
people's lives.
Perhaps yours is the same, maybe you do enjoy that but there is
something else. My friend Andy's passion is technology. He gets a
real buzz from owning or playing with new technology. Adam's
passion is travelling to amazing places.
We all have passions and I believe that the moment you discover
yours and focus your energies in to it, that is when you really
start to succeed for yourself.
--BUSINESS--
I want to talk about headlines. We all wrote them all the time and
they come in many different guises. A headline might be the bold
title of a press release you send out to publicise your services,
it could be the headline of your sales letter, your web site the
list goes on and on.
First of all, if you aren't already using them - you need to start.
If you're sending out a sales letter to a potential client and it
just starts with Dear Sir... and then goes right in to the letter
you are losing a lot of impact.
The headline is your first opportunity to force someone to read
your sales letter, web site, press release or whatever. If you
aren't writing a headline then can you imagine just how many of
your letters are being thrown straight in the bin.
The reason this is happening is because the person who is supposed
to read it can't be bothered, doesn't have the time to read the
entire thing unless it is of immediate use.
The way you prove to them that it is worthy of their time reading
the entire thing is by telling them in the headline.
Next month I want to show you more about how to write the best
headlines possible to get more people to read what you have to say,
instead of throwing it in the trash.
--RECOMMENDS--
There has not been a great deal of time for me to read anything
this month. One thing I managed to get my paws on was Jerome
Finley's limited release 'Thought Dial'. This is an incredible
real-world piece that allows you to answer three questions that are
merely thought-of by your volunteer.
Also included int he manuscript is an incredible approach to making
absolutely certain that your sitter gets exactly what she wants
from the reading you give.
It's one of the best books I have read in a long while and I
already used it in a bar in Belfast to get some free drinks.
While talking about releases and stuff, I still have a few
massively discounted items in my damaged goods sale. I'll be
posting these out by the end of this week so please go right now
and see if you can save some money. The link you'll need is
http://tinyurl.com/4tg3y3
--IDEA OF THE MONTH--
Take a deck of cards. Split them in to 2 piles. Red and Black.
Stack the deck so that it alternates red-black-red-black all the
way through.
Now in performance you talk about par-optic vision and how its
possible, if you just trust yourself to sense colours with the
finger tips.
Spread the deck face down. Have the volunteer touch the back of any
card. Ask her to touch the face of the card without looking and
decide whether she thinks its red or black. Just trusting her
intuition. She says and your turn it over to show she is correct.
I've been performing this very simple routine since November last
year. I don't remember what inspired the routine but it's very
simple.
When she touches the card you cut the cards at that point and look
at the card above. That card will be the opposite colour to the
card she has touched. So for example that card we just looked at is
black, we know the card she touched is a red one.
Ask her which colour she thinks it is. If she says red, that's fine
have her turn it over. That will happen 50% of the time. If that is
not the case the most you have to do it either double lift to show
she is correct - or as I prefer to perform a top change.
--TO CLOSE--
Well that is all, again apologies for the delay. Please do check
out to see if anything is left in my mini sale, save yourself some
money at http://tinyurl.com/4tg3y3 and I look forward to receiving
your routine ideas.
Until next time, do take care!
Kennedy
"Do you have suggestions, an idea you want to share on the
newsletter. Email me right back!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment