- May 2009 -
--INTRODUCTION--
It has been an interesting month, my new keynote on the Need for Uncertainty has been going down far better than expected and bookings seem to be finding me too which is another bonus.
In this month's issue i have two book recommendations which are really fantastic, some philosophy on success as well as a piece of advice surrounding websites that has got me thinking.
Just before you devour the entire thing, just to let you know that the e-book Gregorian Minds is no longer available.
Also, you may have noticed that we've rearranged the menu to the right there to make it easier to find what it is you want.
--TALKING POINT--
A few people has asked me why I market myself the way I do, and why I dont follow the way the other performers out there are doing it. So today I'll answer that one for all to see.
I heard a success speaker called Earl Nightengale speak on a cassette tape around 10 years ago now. One piece of advice he shared was that if you want to be successful then you should model yourself, your life and business practices on people who are already working at the level of success you desire.
I'm sure that you're more than just aware of the concept of modelling success from NLP too, right? That's the way I work what I do. I watch what successful people are doing and really work hard to keep up with them.
Is it working? Yes, I am very pleased to say that it is. One thing marketing speaker and author Dan Kennedy said is that by doing these things you will be laughed at, you will find people question everything because they just dont 'get it'. I knew I was doing something right when people started questioning me.
After all, if you follow the majority then you'll just be as successful as the average person. Who on earth wants to be average? I certainly don't. I want to be the best at what I do and am sure that you do too.
So this week's talking point is a suggestion to try seeking out somoene who is successful and model the way they work. Even if you get laughed at.
I'll leave you with a quote I read somewhere, I dont recall where but its nice "the majority are wrong, that's why the majority do not enjoy success'.
--BUSINESS--
Is your website a resource? It sounds like a strange question doesn't it? According to David Meerman Scott in his book The New Rules of Marketing and PR, it is no longer enough to have a nice looking website but instead we should have a bunch of resources that our poterntial clients can use and learn from.
With this in mind I am working on a few things myself to make sure that when potential bookers visit my site they can actually spend a long time on there, finding useful, insightful information.
The psychology behind this of course is that you look like you truly are an expert in this field. Not only that but the longer someone spends on your website looking around,. the more likely they are to choose to do business with you.
you might want to have a think about what useful information you could put up there, see how imaginative you can be too.
--RECOMMENDS--
This month I got my hands on two fantastic mentalism books by Timothy Hyde. The pair make up a series entitled the Secret Notebooks of Mr Hyde.
The first is a really great collection of routines and ideas for the mentalist and has some fantatsic versons of the psychometry routine among other things. Its available from Timothy's website here.
The second volume is focused on what Barrie Richardson called one of the most under performed mental feats, that is the magazine memory. This is a tomb of information for anyone wanting to present a memory-style act. Read all about it in Timothy's words right here.
I absolutely love his writing style and his knowledge is just astounding. These two have been my reads of the month for sure.
--IDEA OF THE MONTH--
This is based on something from Annemann. Very simple but cute too. 3 flavoured yoghard pots stand in a row, each with a slit in it's lid. You hand a coin to your friend and ask him, while your back is turned to push the coin through the slit in to one of the pots and then remmeber which one it is in.
This is done. You turn around and ask that they think about the flavour of the yogard pot that contains their coin. They are to imagine eating it, slowly peeling off the lid at first and then licking the lid...then announce which pot it is in.
The method is right out of Annemnann, just applied to yogart pots here. Take the lids off two of the pots and eat the contents. Simply re-seal the lid on one of the pots and then in the bottom of one other pot place a few coins then re-seal the lid with some glue.
Now pierce a hole in the top of each pot, large enough to fit a coin. When you turn round you will be able to hear which pot the coin is dropped in to. If there is no sound, it's the yoyart pot that is still full of yogart. If there is a dull 'thud' then its the empty one and if its a high 'chink' sound it's the one with the coins in the bottom. Very simple, but as with all Annemann ideas, its a true masterpiece.
--TO CLOSE--
After last month's newsletter with the insight in to what has been going on I recieved some lovely emails. Thanks to everyone for them, it means the world to em that you care.
Things are back on the road to happiness now and I am feeling great once again. Creativity is oozing so that makes me very happy indeed.
Until next time, do take care!
Kennedy
"Do you have suggestions, an idea you want to share on the
newsletter. Email me kennedy@mindofkennedy.co.uk!"
No comments:
Post a Comment